Supervisor: Iain R Saunders
Frequency: 3 x 90-minute classes per week + 3 x 45-minute classes + 4 hours per week online
Description: Students on this study track learn English as a foreign language in class and through our online self-study platform whilst working towards passing an internationally recognized English language certificate. Students take a test before the start of the course and get put into specific level classes based on their results.
Each level will have 3 x 90-minute certification-focused core lessons per week, plus 2 x 45 additional classes in grammar and conversation and 1 x 45-minute class in pronunciation skills.
In addition, students will study at least another 3-4 hours per week on the Cumorah Academy online English learning platform making at total of 13 hours study time per week.
These classes normally occur on weekdays in sessions between 2pm and 6.30pm.
The English study track includes full preparation for the following Cambridge English examinations:
- B1 Preliminary which proves that you can survive independently in English in familiar environments. Required for work where you need English occasionally.
- B2 First which proves that you can work in English in almost all work places. This is the most required certification level of English for any future career that needs English.
- C1 Advanced which proves you can work and study in English in familiar and unfamiliar environments and express yourself clearly and accurately. This is the most common certificate for attending university or working in education.
Students will have the option at the end of the course to take an official Cambridge English exam appropriate to their level.
Cambridge certificates are optional (you choose) as they cost additional money which can be paid directly to Cumorah Academy or which you can work for on campus:
- B1 Preliminary – 2950czk / 125 Euros
- B2 First – 4350czk / 185 Euros
- C1 Advanced – 4450czk / 190 Euros
Cambridge certificates have no end date and last for the rest of your life. They are accepted worldwide as an official proof of your language skill.
Achievement Criteria for Gaining this Certification
- Attend all of the classes listed above. 80% attendance is a minimum requirement.
- Complete a minimum of 3 hours of online study time per week (36 hours in total) on the Cumorah Academy online study portal
- Complete 2 x full examinations using Cambridge English Standard material in class (your certificate will show the level you achieved in these exams rather than the level of your class).
We cooparate with P.A.R.K. School of English