12-week internship, teaching English to adults at Cumorah Academy’s campus in the beautiful countryside near Prague, Czech Republic.
The internship runs for the full 12-week semester and will entail working with fellow interns to teach full-time to young adult students (aged 18-33).
Classes run throughout the week (Monday to Friday) and include some one-to-one tuition, class teaching for levels pre-intermediate (B1) to advanced (C1) as well as preparation for the Cambridge English Examinations (B1 Preliminary, B2 First and C1 Advanced levels). Materials, equipment and support are all provided throughout the internship.
- You are native English speaker or at CEFR – C2 level if you are a non-native English speaker.
- You have completed or are currently studying for a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have or are close to completing a TESOL or TEFL qualification.
- You are fully available for the entire semester, arriving 2 days before the students and staying until 1 day after they leave.
- You have a valid passport with no restrictions for entering the EU Schengen zone and staying for 90 days
- You have valid health insurance for the duration of your travel and stay in the Czech Republic
- You are single with no dependants that you would need to leave in order to take this internship on (married interns who do not have children may apply as a couple if both qualify for one of Cumorah Academy’s internships)
- You teach the hours assigned (normally 18 to 24 teaching hours, but more if cover is needed) and are able to be present on-campus Monday to Friday every week of the 12-week semester (Saturday & Sunday are days off).
- You are hard-working, creative, diligent and caring.
- You have a strong classroom management skills.
- You are fully committed to living, working and teaching English as a foreign language at Cumorah Academy and to developing your career as a teacher through this experience.
- You hold a full and valid temple recommend
- You have served a full-time mission
- You have some experience dealing with other languages and cultures (especially Spanish or Portuguese speaking cultures)
In return, we offer:
- To pay for your flight to and from Prague at the start of the semester and back again at the end.
- To pay for your on-campus accommodation and full board (including 3 meals a day, 2 snacks a day and unlimited drinks from the dispensers) for the duration of the semester and any additional days necessitated for training.
- To gift you with $120 a week spending money to a U.S bank account of your choosing
- To provide free full access to the campus facilities, including the gym, sauna, jacuzzi, sports equipment as well as free access to all activities and trips run by the academy.
- To provide training and support throughout the semester.
- To provide references at the end of your internship should you request them.